Monday, March 26, 2012

Downtown Calgary Street shots

Back in March 9, I went on a street walk with a friend for lunch, I started shooting with my Yashica 35 GSN first to finish the film then afterwards I moved to my Canon 5D + Sigma 50mm 1.4
I still haven't developed the film but I think it will turn out bad as I forgot to put battery on the Yashica =P but that night I quickly went through the DSLR shots and picked my 'best' 3 and uploaded them on flickr.
It's now March 26, I decided to go back on my shots as I knew there were a couple more shots that I wanted to edit and upload and this time I found a couple more shots that I really like. Of the first 3 I picked, only 1 still stand as a great shot for me.

Now I truly understand and feel what Eric Kim was saying on this article

Wait before sharing your images with others

A problem with the internet and modern digital photography is that it is so easy to take hundreds of photos and upload them all instantly to the internet. Nowadays the act of editing (picking your best shots) is more important than ever.

Street photographer Garry Winogrand once said, “Photographers mistake the emotion they feel while taking the photo as a judgment that the photograph is good”. Therefore Winogrand would purposely only develop his images a year after he shot them so he would be able to judge his images based on form & content rather than pure feeling.

Although it is great to go out and shoot an image that you have a great feeling about—let it sit for a few days and review it before uploading it. This will help you become far more selective with your shots, and show only your best street photography.

Source: Steve Huff

Here are the pictures:
IMG_2520-5D.jpg IMG_2510-5D-Edit.jpg
IMG_2493-5D-Edit.jpg IMG_2487-5D-Edit.jpg
IMG_2458-5D-Edit.jpg IMG_2444-5D-Edit.jpg
IMG_2438-5D.jpg IMG_2434-5D.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment