Thursday, January 3, 2013

New camera, new challenges

The Fuji X100 has been on my want list for the past 12 months with its rangefinder like look, optical viewfinder, good high ISO and a fixed 35mm f2 lens (say goodbye to sensor dust!)
If you still don't know about this camera, check this DRTV video out


or this review by KenRockwell

With the rumors of the X200 being announced later this year and the decrease of price for a used X100, I was finally able to snag one up from a local photographer.
I quickly updated the FW to 1.30, trying to familiarize with the interface and took some test shots with it.
Hopefully later this week, I'll be able to do some street shots and portraiture.
DSCF6768
DSCF6781

Now, why did I decide to go with an X100?
Couple of reasons:
.I wanted a small travel camera, the 5DII w/ 17-40 and 100-400 will still be coming with me for landscape, however for walking around with the fiance, eating at the restaurant, the X100 is much simplier to take with.
.35mm f2 is plenty fast, good for portraits and street. it helps that ISO 1600-6400 is usable on this camera
.don't have to load film after 36 exposures

No comments:

Post a Comment