Sunday, December 30, 2012

Winter Portraits

I had the privilege to shoot 3 models yesterday at Eau Claire, the weather was cooperative with relative warm temparture and the sun warming everything up.
A friend was also kind enough to lend me his 85L II to test out during the shoot.
My opinion, it's a fantastic lens, really meant for portraits and wide open at f/1.2 you get stunning background separation.
However I noticed a lot of fringing and wasn't impressed with the slow AF.
Here is a portrait at f/1.2 which gives its Sartorialist look.
IMG_3033
The bokeh is comparable to the 135L although some may disagree but I find the 135L's bokeh better.

Jen should model for Le Chateau, she looks stunning on this purple coat from Le Chateau.
IMG_3005
IMG_3006
IMG_3018

Next is Elle with her red coat and dark hair, her look was saying Street Fashion all over, so we decided to walk towards the Sheraton hotel when I saw these Yellow cabs parked on front. I asked one of the drivers if we could shoot inside the cab for a few minutes and here are the results.
IMG_3063
IMG_3078
IMG_3111
IMG_3089

Then it was another Elle with her amazing sense of fashion, everything just worked well together, her pink top, purple stockings and bag.
IMG_3042
IMG_3143
IMG_3135
IMG_3151

No comments:

Post a Comment